- Newly commissioned Notaries are required to record their certificates with the Town Clerk in their town of residence.
- They may also choose to be sworn in by the Town Clerk.
- There is a fee of $10 to be sworn in as a Notary Public or to renew your oath by the Town Clerk.
- There is a fee of $15 to change your name only or name and address with the Town Clerk.
To have a document Notarized
The Town Clerk is also a Notary Public but will not notarize the following documents:
- Wills or Living Wills.
- Any document that will be filed on their own town’s Land Records.
In accordance with ConnecticutGeneral Statutes Sec. 3-95, Fees of Notary:
- There will be a charge of $5 for all notarial acts provided for non-residents of Deep River.
- There will be a charge of $5 for special appointments for notarial acts provided to residents or non-residents of Deep River.
- This service will continue to be free of charge when performed in the Town Clerk’s office for Deep River residents only.